NEWS | Fan panel minutes

NEWS | Fan panel minutes doncaste.champmodel.dyndns.info
pic

5th June 2017

DONS FAN PANEL MEETING – WEDNESDAY MAY 31 2017

In attendance: Gavin Baldwin, Carl Hall, Mark Hughesman, Carol Green, Barry Brown, Neil Barron, Keeley Thompson, David Stewart, Stewart Thompson, Phil Buxton

 

Question: Can we work with an external partner to create a ticket offer like York did when we played them?

CH reply: The club will consider potential offers that may attract new and returning fans.

 

Question: How about a two for one offer?

GB reply: That is something we would consider for a play-off game.  However, as always, we need to consider our current Season Ticket Holders.

 

Question from CH: Would there be sufficient interest in a play-off season ticket for example four games for the price of three?

Panel reply: The panel felt that overall this is a good idea.

CH reply: Again, we would have to work with current STH to ensure that we did not upset them.

 

Question: How about a free drink at a game for those that bought all four play-off games or even last season’s shirt?

CH reply: We can consider possible incentives we can use.

 

Question: Can we utilise the extra vouchers in the ST book?

MH/GB reply: Yes, we will look to use one of the vouchers for an offer such as bring a friend for a fiver.

 

Question: We have noticed the Fit Rovers campaign, is this something that the Foundation could run with a rugby theme?

CH reply: We will talk to the Foundation and communicate back to the panel.

 

Question: What is happening with the Dons4Life?

MH reply: Club Doncaster is currently reviewing the Dons4Life package (and the Rovers Alliance) and will again communicate back to the panel and fans when the review is complete.

 

Question: When is Jamie Thackray back?

CH reply: The last game of his suspension is this week.

 

Question: What is the current injury situation?

CH reply: Feka, Mark Castle and Kieron Cross are all close to a return.

 

Question: What is the current situation with the coaching team?

CH reply: We are in constant communication with our current coaching set up and they are fully aware of the situation. Any decision made will be made in partnership with Pete Green and Rhys Lovegrove.  We will do the right thing by Peter, Rhys and the club.

 

Question: Is Pete Green going to continue playing?

CH reply: I’ve met with Pete and told him he should play as long as he feels he is capable of playing.  He is a leader for us out on the pitch.  He definitely has at least another year in him.

 

Question: Can the club offer any assistance with coach travel for Whitehaven?

GB reply: We will look into this for you.

 

Question: Why have we fell behind with the five-year plan

GB reply: The wage budget is well in advance of what was projected within the five-year plan, the owners will always look to support the club in any way they can. Each year we must submit three levels of budget, a mid table budget, a top five budget and a top two budget.  The owners without fail have provided us with a top two budget.

 

Question: Why do we play so one dimensionally?

CH reply: You may have seen in the last few games that changing slightly, we must change, we must entertain, we have an amazing squad of players here.

 

Question: Can we expand the Fans Panel?

MH reply: If you know of anyone who wishes to become part of the Fan Panel, please email me mark.hughesman@clubdoncaster.co.uk and we can add them to the list of invites to the next panel meeting.

 

MH question: How would the fans feel to Donny Dog becoming the Dons Mascot for next season?

Panel reply: The general response is that young fans would have a better connection to Donny Dog, however, we need to be wary of those who may think it is a Doncaster Rovers takeover.  

MH: Donny Dog would be wearing the Dons kit for all Dons fixtures, we could maybe experiment with Donny Dog at some of the remaining games.  Donny Dog did attend the Junior Takeover game last season and was well received by the young fans.

 

Question: Can we have community games on the pitch prior to the main game?

CH reply: That is something we are looking at doing, we are also working with local community clubs on the Junior Takeover Day against Barrow.

 

 

DONS FAN PANEL MEETING – WEDNESDAY 31ST MAY 2017

In attendance: Gavin Baldwin, Carl Hall, Mark Hughesman, Carol Green, Barry Brown, Neil Barron, Keeley Thompson, David Stewart, Stewart Thompson, Phil Buxton

 

Question: Can we work with an external partner to create a ticket offer like York did when we played them?

CH reply: The club will consider potential offers that may attract new and returning fans.

 

Question: How about a two for one offer?

GB reply: That is something we would consider for a play-off game.  However, as always, we need to consider our current Season Ticket Holders.

 

Question from CH: Would there be sufficient interest in a play-off season ticket for example four games for the price of three?

Panel reply: The panel felt that overall this is a good idea.

CH reply: Again, we would have to work with current STH to ensure that we did not upset them.

 

Question: How about a free drink at a game for those that bought all four play-off games or even last season’s shirt?

CH reply: We can consider possible incentives we can use.

 

Question: Can we utilise the extra vouchers in the ST book?

MH/GB reply: Yes, we will look to use one of the vouchers for an offer such as bring a friend for a fiver.

 

Question: We have noticed the Fit Rovers campaign, is this something that the Foundation could run with a rugby theme?

CH reply: We will talk to the Foundation and communicate back to the panel.

 

Question: What is happening with the Dons4Life?

MH reply: Club Doncaster is currently reviewing the Dons4Life package (and the Rovers Alliance) and will again communicate back to the panel and fans when the review is complete.

 

Question: When is Jamie Thackray back?

CH reply: The last game of his suspension is this week.

 

Question: What is the current injury situation?

CH reply: Feka, Mark Castle and Kieron Cross are all close to a return.

 

Question: What is the current situation with the coaching team?

CH reply: We are in constant communication with our current coaching set up and they are fully aware of the situation. Any decision made will be made in partnership with Pete Green and Rhys Lovegrove.  We will do the right thing by Peter, Rhys and the club.

 

Question: Is Pete Green going to continue playing?

CH reply: I’ve met with Pete and told him he should play as long as he feels he is capable of playing.  He is a leader for us out on the pitch.  He definitely has at least another year in him.

 

Question: Can the club offer any assistance with coach travel for Whitehaven?

GB reply: We will look into this for you.

 

Question: Why have we fell behind with the five-year plan

GB reply: The wage budget is well in advance of what was projected within the five-year plan, the owners will always look to support the club in any way they can. Each year we must submit three levels of budget, a mid table budget, a top five budget and a top two budget.  The owners without fail have provided us with a top two budget.

 

Question: Why do we play so one dimensionally?

CH reply: You may have seen in the last few games that changing slightly, we must change, we must entertain, we have an amazing squad of players here.

 

Question: Can we expand the Fans Panel?

MH reply: If you know of anyone who wishes to become part of the Fan Panel, please email me mark.hughesman@clubdoncaster.co.uk and we can add them to the list of invites to the next panel meeting.

 

MH question: How would the fans feel to Donny Dog becoming the Dons Mascot for next season?

Panel reply: The general response is that young fans would have a better connection to Donny Dog, however, we need to be wary of those who may think it is a Doncaster Rovers takeover.  

MH: Donny Dog would be wearing the Dons kit for all Dons fixtures, we could maybe experiment with Donny Dog at some of the remaining games.  Donny Dog did attend the Junior Takeover game last season and was well received by the young fans.

 

Question: Can we have community games on the pitch prior to the main game?

CH reply: That is something we are looking at doing, we are also working with local community clubs on the Junior Takeover Day against Barrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

NEWS | Fan panel minutes doncaste.champmodel.dyndns.info