The Dons' Lakeside Community Foundation is a charitable trust set up by Doncaster Rugby League Club to deliver community based programmes aimed at improving grass roots sport and promoting rugby league.
The club is commited to community development and improving opportunities available for young people to take part in sport and physical activity, especially rugby league. They are fully committed to the work of the foundation and are keen to see the expansion of its operations.
The Dons Lakeside Community Development Foundation is a registered charity in England and Wales, charity number 1118288. The foundation is run independently from the club and has its own board of trustees.
The Trustees of the Dons' Lakeside Community Foundation are:
- John Scarrow - Centurion Europe Ltd
- Stewart Piper - Pipers Car Sales
- Carl Hall - Doncaster RLFC
- Phil Crawley - Atteys Commercial
The Charity's objectives ("the objects") are for the benefit of the public generally and, in particular, the inhabitants of Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and North Midlands and their surroundin areas:
- To promote community participation in the healthy recreation by providing facilities for the playing of rugby league and other sports capable of improving health ("facilities" in this clause 3 means land, buildings, equipment and organising sporting activities);
- to provide and assist in providing facilities for sport, recreation or other leisure time occupation of such persons who have need for such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, poverty or social economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving their conditions of life; and
- to advance the education of children and young people through such means as the trustees think fit in accordance with the law of charity.
The aims of the Dons' Community Foundation are:
- To deliver activities within the Club's Community which use the "power of sport" to motivate, educate or inspire individuals within it.
- All activities must have a purpose and an outcome
- Activities delivered focus on grassroots sport, social inclusion, sport club development, health and education.
The Dons Heritage Project, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, is now complete.
Full Summary to follow